Post-2015 Dialogue with Civil Society and Other Actors: YOUTH in Azerbaijan06 Aug 2014
Summary of the Report
This report is the result of the “Dialogue with Civil Society and other actors: Youth” held in the framework of the Second Round of National Consultations in Azerbaijan to shape the Post-2015 Development Agenda, which was carried out by UNDP, NAYORA, the Ministry of Youth and Sports of the Republic of Azerbaijan and UNFPA.
Azerbaijan was among 51 states that conducted such consultations in 2014. These national dialogues on the implementation of the Post-2015 Development Agenda focused on building and utilizing partnerships with civil society members and other actors, especially youth in Azerbaijan, in order to achieve the agenda’s goals.
Held between June and July 2014 the Dialogues in Azerbaijan engaged a total of 800 persons through deliberations in Ganja and Guba cities, a Model United Nations event in the capital, a validation workshop with UNYAC members, the jointly organized Global Week of Action, and an essay competition organized by UNFPA throughout Azerbaijan.As a result, seven priority areas focused on youth and young people emerged.
The priority areas include:
- Development of a quality and inclusive education system;
- Diversification of the economy and creation of employment opportunities;
- Empowerment of youth in decision-making;
- Provisions for gender equality;
- Establishment of a better healthcare for all;
- Development of rural areas and agriculture;
- Ensure environmental sustainability and access to safe water.