Establishment of the Internet Governance Forum Secretariat
The Internet Governance Forum is a platform for multi-stakeholder dialogue on public policy related to Internet governance issues, such as the Internet's sustainability, robustness, security, stability, democratization process and development. The Government of Azerbaijan, who will host the IGF-2012 in November 2012, approached UNDP Azerbaijan Country Office to undertake this initiative within the framework of project. The sub-project aims to create relevant local capacity to ensure successful implementation of IGF-2012 in Baku.
The main project objectives are:
· Establishment of the IGF Secretariat with the relevant capacity to oversee all organizational issues;
· Successful management of the IGF in Baku.
In this light, the sub-project will establish IGF Secretariat with relevant teams and coordination mechanisms for organization of this high-level event.
· Jointly with the Ministry of Communications and Information Technologies of the Republic of Azerbaijan, the Project arranged for the Organizational Committee, consisting of various taskforce groups, and has prepared the list of site events and IGF Village requests.
· The project developed and launched Internet Governance Forum (IGF) website (www.igf2012.az). More than 500 participants have already registered for the event.
· The project organized two site visits of UNDESA and IGF Secretariat staff to Baku in order to inspect the current situation of IGF 2012 preparations.
· The project has prepared the plan of the IGF meeting venue (in 3D Max) at the Baku Expo centre according to Host Country Agreement (HCA) requirements. The project has also developed exterior image of the IGF Village.
|Donors||Amount of contribution, US$|
Government of Azerbaijan
Delivery by years
|Fiscal Year||Amount of disbursement, US$|
|2012||2 421 613|