Mr. Elnur Khalilov, Programme Adviser, firstname.lastname@example.org
Support to the Baku Tourism Vocational School of the Ministry of Culture and Tourism
The project helps the Ministry of Culture and Tourism to strengthen the institutional capacities of the Baku Tourism Vocational School so that its graduates can provide services that would meet high professional standards, thus increasing the competitiveness of Azerbaijan’s touristic industry. This is being achieved through: (i) infrastructural upgrade;
(ii) curriculum and training courses enhancement;
(iii) exposure to international experience in management; and
(iv) improved access to educational resources.
The overall goal of the project is to strengthen the capacity of the Baku Tourism Vocational School of the Ministry of Culture and Tourism to train qualified personnel for the tourism sector. The Project output is to enhance management system, curriculum and training courses of Baku Tourism Vocational School.
- The Project has conducted survey on assessment of current needs of Tourism Industry.
- The study tour to Ukraine Universities was organized. The purpose of visit was to familiarize their practices and experience in establishment of the training center for tourism industry.
- Two International and two Local Consultants hired to develop the new curriculum for training courses for service sector, for travel agents and for cooks.
- Five training rooms of the Baku Tourism Vocational School were renovated.
- Necessary equipment and software, furniture, kitchen and dish appliances, room accessories for conduction of trainings for waiters, housekeepers, cooks, receptionist, travel agents and barmen/sommeliers were purchased.
- The Project hired international and local consultants to conduct professional trainings for bartenders/waiters, receptionists, cooks, travel agents.
- The Project hired international and local consultants to conduct trainings on psychology, ethics and aesthetics and English language.
- The opening ceremony of the Educational-training centre was held on November 25, 2013.
- Participants who have successfully completed the training course and passed exams were awarded with certificates.
- Trainings for employees of tourism industry (chambermaids, receptionists, sommeliers, middle level managers and waiters) were conducted by international consultant. Participants who have successfully completed the training course were awarded with certificates.
|Donors||Amount of Contribution, USD|
|The Ministry of Culture and Tourism of the Republic of Azerbaijan||383 000|
Delivery by years
|Fiscal year||Amount of Disbursement, USD|
- Project Start Date
- January, 2013
- Estimated Project End Date
- December, 2014
- Geographic Coverage
- Focus Area
- Democratic Governance