Partnerships involving the Government, civil society, international organizations and, where appropriate, the private sector is the main principle of UNDP’s work.
Partnership with the Government: The Government of Azerbaijan is UNDP’s principal partner, both in terms of programme design and implementation as well as in financial terms, with two-thirds of the funding for UNDP projects coming from the state budget. UNDP’s partnership with the Government of Azerbaijan is dynamic, broad-based and driven by the evolving capacity development needs of the country.
Partnership with civil society: The UNDP focus on human development that places people at the centre of development cannot be achieved without the robust engagement of civil society. Therefore, UNDP Azerbaijan makes a special effort to build partnership with youth associations, women’s organizations and other civil society players. UNDP also partners with international NGOs as a source of knowledge and expertise.
Partnership with academia: UNDP pursues close cooperation with universities, research institutes and think-tanks in Azerbaijan through organizing lectures, round tables and participation of academic institutions in UNDP-led research and analytical processes.
Partnership with the private sector: The private sector represents a strategic partner in several dimensions, and UNDP has an excellent track record of partnering with private sector companies to implement individual projects as well as in the context of the work on Corporate Social Responsibility under the auspices of the Global Compact.
Partnership with international organizations and bilateral donors: Global Environmental Facility and the European Union are UNDP Azerbaijan’s two most important multilateral donors. UNDP also has a long history of cooperation with the Government of Norway, one of the very few remaining bilateral donors in Azerbaijan.
- State Social Protection Fund
- Civil Service Commission under the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan
- State Customs Committee
- Azerbaijan National Agency for Mine Action
- Ministry of Emergency Situations
- State Border Service
- Ministry of Communication and Information Technologies
- Ministry of Justice
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Ministry of Culture and Tourism
- Ministry of Youth and Sport
- Ministry of Labour and Social Protection of Population
- State Committee for Family, Women and Children’s Affairs
- Ministry of Ecology and Natural Resources
- State Company for Alternative and Renewable Energy
- Heydar Aliyev Foundation
- International Dialogue for Environmental Action
- National Confederation of Entrepreneurs
- Lead Women Public Union
- SYSLAB Norway-based non-profit organization
- Public Administration Academy under the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan
- State Pedagogical University
- Qafqaz University
- State Economics University
- European Union
- Global Environment Facility
- Government of Norway
- International Organization for Migration