ELIGIBILITY AND APPLICATION
What are the eligibility criteria?
Eligible candidates for these 200 ‘open spots’ include:
• Youth policy practitioners;
• Youth activists and members of youth movements working on youth policy;
• Representatives/experts of youth-led organizations, civil society organizations, and networks
working on youth policy;
• Research expertsfrom institutes, universities and think tanks with a focus on youth policy;
• Development expertsfrom organizations, agencies and institutionsin the youth sector;
• Programming expertsfrom donors active in supporting policy change in the youth field.
• Preferably be aged 18-35;
• Be able to communicate professionally in English;
• Be experienced in formulation, implementation and/or monitoring of youth policy at the
national, regional or global level.
Applications from Azerbaijan will be considered in the same manner as applications from other
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: 27th August 2014 (application will close at 23.59 CET).
Any applicationreceived after this time will not be considered.
The selection of participants will take into consideration the following criteria:
• Interest: The applicant is highly motivated to attend and will substantively contribute to the
• Exposure: The applicant has shown past experience of minimum 2 years related to youth policy formulation, implementation and/or research;
• Impact: The applicant and his/her organization have the capacity to disseminate the results of the Forum back to the youth community;
• Gender and geographical balance;
Young people from underrepresented and marginalised groups and youth policy practitioners working with underrepresented and marginalised groups (such as young people with disabilities, indigenous youth, youth from rural communities/young farmers, young people from conflict affected areas, marginalized ethnic and cultural groups, young people from low social and economic backgrounds,migrants and refugees, young people not in education, employment and training) are encouraged to apply.
All applicants will be notified by September 15, 2014. Successful applicants will be asked to confirm their participation by September 20.
Selected participants will be provided with roundtrip air or ground transport ticket: city of departure -Baku - city of return. Accomodation and meals during the days of the Forum will also be provided. Participants will be requested not to book individually with hotels in Baku. All expenses are covered by the Ministry of Youth and Sports of Azerbaijan and UNDP Azerbaijan. Accomodation and meals before or after the Forum are the responsibility of the participant. Each participant will receive a free visa upon arrival in Baku airport.
If you experience any technical difficulties with the application or have questions about the application process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org